We left the hostel after having paid an extra $10 for the lost room key ,which I accidentally flushed down the toilet. "Plink", and it was gone! I have no idea how that happened. :(
We all got across the border and then we were in beautiful "Big Sky" Montana, as it is known by. We drove slowly through the ski town of Whitefish where we were able to buy fresh fruit and corn from a stand. The next stop was for groceries at a Safeway. Nice to see some familiar brands although at this store you could purchase all kinds of alcohol.
| Home for 3 days |
We found our house in Hungry Horse with no problems. It's a quirky little thing which is very rustic and full of character. It looks as if it has had lots of additions but it works for us. We had lunch and then called to book our river rafting for Sunday. Tinsley and I will do the "scenic" trip (ie no rapids of any kind) while everyone else is going to be more adventurous. We are all really excited for this!
| Panoramic view of cabin |
| West Park Entrance |
| Tinsley passed time taking photos |
| Chloe lighting her 1st camp fire |
| Mairin IS the S'more Queen! |
Jenn
P.S. we are without Wi-Fi here in the mountains, so the blog may be text only from Glen's Blackberry. Sorry no pictures for a few days.
| Patiently roasting |
| Just one more S'more |
| "Dad, would you like my marshmallow?" |
| Never turn you back on a hungry bear. |
Hello everybody,
ReplyDeleteI am very happy to read you again.
I think we can sum up your unlucky period like this: No bears, no moose, no electricity and no key...
Chloé seems to love the roasted marshmallow. We don't use to do it in France but I think it will be a good idea to do so.
I like the photo of your house in Hungry Horse.From outside, your house looks very typical as the old cottages in the forest we can see in US television series. But the surprise is when you are inside the house, because all seems to be very confortable.
Bye
Yves et Fabienne